My friend Shea once said he wished we had evolved from bears instead of apes so we could allow ourselves a period of hibernation without feeling guilt. I have felt this recently as I have begun drinking scotch and wondering if 8pm is too early to go to bed. I have also transitioned into winter foods of squash soup, biscuits and veggie meatloaf. Although it is not such a beautiful food, here is my recipe for veggie meatloaf:
- 12 oz pack of veggie ground meat
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/3 c. panko
- 1 leek- halved and thinly cut
- 4 garlic gloves-crushed
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1/4 c. parsley
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 2 T olive oil or butter
- Greased loaf pan
- Preheat over to 350
- In a large pan heat butter or oil, leeks and garlic until leeks are soft.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup and veggie meat, cook until veggie meat is warm.
- Place meat mix in large bowl and stir in panko and parsley.
- Stir in beaten eggs
- Place mix in pan, form into loaf.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and lightly coat with ketchup.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.