stop by the shop everything is 30% for today only!
Monday, December 2, 2013
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Sunday, September 1, 2013
do you have a special family recipe? we have a couple, some are related to our scandinavian ancestry and some are just family favorites with so many good memories around them. this is one of our family favorites. in honor of my mama and a very special birthday she just celebrated, i want to share this family recipe.
key lime pie:
graham cracker crust
- 1-1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 c. butter
- preheat oven to 370 f
- combine all ingredients, blend well
- line bottom of 10" pie plate (press down a little)
- bake 8-10 minutes
- remove crust, put on pie rack and let cool
- reduce heat to 350 f
- 6 egg yolks
- 1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 c. key lime pie
- 2 tsp/ grated lime rind
- beat yolks in mixing bowl. pour milk until consistent
- pour mixture into crumb crust.
- bake 15 minutes
- transfer to cooling rack..
- make sure pie is cool before adding whip cream
- 1/2 pint whip cream
- powder sugar
- drop vanilla
- whip cream until stiff. add sugar and vanilla and beat until very stiff
Saturday, August 31, 2013
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
a few beautiful leather items added to the store today. I sure do love a 70s coach bag...
Sunday, August 4, 2013
i am in the process of updating the shop with a couple beautiful coach purses. i found this great 70s bag and just feel in love with the patina. i know that i should polish leather to protect it and have it last longer but i just love the look of patina. sometimes i feel like everything is quick fashion and about buying the newest clothes, having a purse that has been loved with age and it shows is such a statement.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
its been quiet around here as i finish summer school and try to enjoy the beautiful weather. you may remember in january when i went on vacation to mexico. my sister took a disposable water camera and just had them developed. they are so dreamy i have just fallen in love with them. the quality reminds me of old 60s pictures you find at flea markets. to tell you the truth these images remind me more of the feeling we had when we were swimming in the warm ocean waves than any other photos we took from that vacation. enjoy and happy summertime!